About this course
This qualification provides high-level information and communications technology (ICT), process improvement and business skills and knowledge to enable an individual to be effective in senior ICT roles within organisations.
The qualification builds on a base core of management competencies, with a specialist and general elective choices to suit particular ICT and business needs, especially in the areas of knowledge management and systems development.
Brighton College has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and must have completed at least the equivalent of Year 12.
- Have an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent (test results must be no more than 2 years old).
- Participate in a course entry interview to demonstrate their suitability for the course.
International Students may not be required to provide evidence of English Language competence where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country.
- the student has completed at least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course in an Australian RTO.
- the student has successfully completed an English Placement Test.
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia.
- the student has successfully completed their High School in the English Language.
Total Units 16 Core Units 5 Elective Units 11
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Core/Elective|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness||Core|
|ICTICT608||Interact with clients on a business level||Core|
|ICTICT610||Manage copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment||Core|
|ICTPMG609||Plan and direct complex ICT projects||Core|
|ICTSUS601||Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects||Core|
|ICTSAD505||Develop technical requirements for business solutions||Elective|
|ICTSAD504||Implement quality assurance processes for business solutions||Elective|
|ICTSAS601||Implement change-management processes||Elective|
|ICTICT602||Develop contracts and manage contracted performance||Elective|
|ICTICT508||Evaluate vendor products and equipment||Elective|
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change||Elective|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement||Elective|
|ICTPMG606||Manage ICT project quality||Elective|
|BSBMGT616||Develop and implement strategic plans||Elective|
|BSBMGT605||Provide leadership across the organisation||Elective|
|BSBMGT617||Develop and implement a business plan||Elective|
Students who complete this course may be able to seek employment in a range of information and communication support roles. Such as
- Business Analyst
- Software Manager
Please click here for more information on the course.