About this course
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. These individuals may have front-line management accountabilities.
Individuals in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in a specialist field of expertise that requires business operations skills. They may possess substantial experience in a range of settings, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions
- International students must be at least 18 years of age
- International students must have completed at least the equivalent of year 12
- These students must also have an IELTS Academic score of 5.5 or equivalent (test results must be no more than 2 years old).
- Students must also participate in a course entry interview to demonstrate their suitability for the course.
International Students may not be required to provide evidence of English Language competence where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- The student was educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country.
- The student has completed at least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course in an Australian RTO
- The student has successfully completed an English Placement Test.
- The student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia
- The student has successfully completed their High School in English Language
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5
Total Units 12 Core Units 5 Elective Units 7
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Core/Elective|
|BSBCRT511||Develop critical thinking in others||Core|
|BSBFIN501||Manage budgets and financial plans||Core|
|BSBOPS501||Manage business resources||Core|
|BSBSUS511||Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability||Core|
|BSBXCM501||Lead communication in the workplace||Core|
|BSBOPS504||Manage business risk||Elective|
|BSBHRM525||Manage recruitment and onboarding||Elective|
|BSBPEF501||Manage personal and professional development||Elective|
|BSBWHS521||Ensure a safe workplace for a work area||Elective|
|BSBOPS503||Develop administrative systems||Elective|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness||Elective|
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Executive Officer
- Program Consultant
- Program Coordinator