About this course
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT) support in small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) using a wide range of general ICT technologies.
Persons working at this level provide a broader rather than specialised ICT support function, applying a wide range of higher level technical skills in ICT areas such as networking, IT support, database development, programming and web development.
Brighton College has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and must have completed at least the equivalent of Year 12.
- Have an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent (test results must be no more than 2 years old).
- Participate in a course entry interview to demonstrate their suitability for the course.
International Students may not be required to provide evidence of English Language competence where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country.
- the student has completed at least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course in an Australian RTO.
- the student has successfully completed an English Placement Test.
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia.
- the student has successfully completed their High School in the English Language.
Total Units 20 Core Units 4 Elective Units 16
|Unit Code||Unit Name||core/Elective|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace||Core|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability||Core|
|ICTICT517||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation||Core|
|ICTICT509||Gather data to identify business requirements||Core|
|ICTWEB411||Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages||Elective|
|ICTWEB429||Create a markup language document to specification||Elective|
|ICTWEB501||Build a dynamic website||Elective|
|ICTWEB502||Create dynamic web pages||Elective|
|ICTWEB504||Build a document using extensible markup language||Elective|
|ICTNWK536||Plan, implement and test enterprise communication solutions||Elective|
|BSBCRT501||Originate and develop concepts||Elective|
|ICTNWK529||Install and manage complex ICT networks||Elective|
|ICTICT501||Research and review hardware technology options for organisations||Elective|
|ICTPMG501||Manage ICT projects||Elective|
|BSBPMG513||Manage project quality||Elective|
|BSBPMG516||Manage project information and communication||Elective|
|ICTICT419||Work effectively in the digital media industry||Elective|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development||Elective|
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service||Elective|
|BSBLDR511||Develop and use emotional intelligence||Elective|
Students who complete this course may be able to seek employment in a range of information and communication support roles. Such as
- ICT Office Manager
- Web Developer