About this course
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have established specialised skills in a technical ICT function.
Individuals in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in specialist fields, working independently, as part of a team or leading deliverables with others. They may apply their skills across a wide range of industries, business functions and departments,or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
- International students must be at least 18 years of age
- International students must have completed at least the equivalent of year 12
- These students must also have an IELTS Academic score of 5.5 or equivalent (test results must be no more than 2 years old)
- Students must also participate in a course entry interview to demonstrate their suitability for the course
International Students may not be required to provide evidence of English Language competence where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country.
- the student has completed at least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course in an Australian RTO.
- the student has successfully completed an English Placement Test.
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia
- the student has successfully completed their High School in English Language.
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5
Total Units 20 Core Units 6 Elective Units 14
|Unit Code||Unit Name||core/Elective|
|BSBCRT512||Originate and develop concepts||Core|
|BSBXCS402||Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices||Core|
|BSBXTW401||Lead and facilitate a team||Core|
|ICTICT517||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation||Core|
|ICTICT532||Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments||Core|
|ICTSAS527||Manage client problems||Core|
|ICTSAD507||Design and implement quality assurance processes for business solutions||Elective|
|ICTSAD508||Develop technical requirements for business solutions||Elective|
|ICTSAD509||Produce ICT feasibility reports||Elective|
|ICTICT443||Work collaborately in the ICT industry||Elective|
|ICTCYS407||Gather, analyse and interpret threat data||Elective|
|ICTCYS610||Protect critical infrastructure for organisations||Elective|
|ICTCYS613||Utilise design methodologies for security architecture||Elective|
|ICTICT523||Gather data to identify business requirements||Elective|
|ICTSAS524||Develop, implement and evaluate an incident response plan||Elective|
|ICTSAS526||Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans||Elective|
|ICTWEB527||Research and apply emerging web technology trends||Elective|
|ICTDBS505||Monitor and improve knowledge management systems||Elective|
|ICTWEB441||Produce basic client-side script||Elective|
|ICTWEB518||Build a document using extensible markup language||Elective|
Students who complete this course may be able to seek employment in a range of information and communication support roles. Such as
- ICT Office Manager
- ICT Systems Administrator
- Information Systems Office Manager
- Office Systems Administrator
- Systems Manager