About this course
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have significant experience in specialist technical skills, or managerial business and people management skills.
Individuals in these roles carry out complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, leading a team or a strategic direction of a business. They apply their skills across a wide range of industries and business functions, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
- International students must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have completed ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology
- These students must also have an IELTS Academic score of 5.5 or equivalent (test results must be no more than 2 years old)
- Students must also participate in a course entry interview to demonstrate their suitability for the course
International Students may not be required to provide evidence of English Language competence where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country.
- the student has completed at least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course in an Australian RTO.
- the student has successfully completed an English Placement Test.
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia
- the student has successfully completed their High School in English Language.
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5
Total Units 16 Core Units 6 Elective Units 10
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Core/Elective|
|BSBCRT611||Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving||Core|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness||Core|
|BSBXCS402||Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices||Core|
|ICTICT608||Interact with clients on a business level||Core|
|ICTICT618||Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments||Core|
|ICTSAD609||Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment||Core|
|ICTNPL413||Evaluate networking regulations and legislation for the telecommunications industry||Elective|
|ICTNWK612||Plan and manage troubleshooting advanced integrated IP networks||Elective|
|ICTPMG613||Manage ICT project planning||Elective|
|ICTTEN615||Manage network traffic||Elective|
|ICTTEN622||Produce ICT network architecture designs||Elective|
|ICTICT612||Develop contracts and manage contract performance||Elective|
|ICTCYS604||Implement best practices for identity management||Elective|
|ICTCYS606||Evaluate an organisation’s compliance with relevant cyber security standards and law||Elective|
|ICTCYS608||Perform cyber security risk assessments||Elective|
|ICTCYS612||Design and implement virtualised cyber security infrastructure for organisations||Elective|
Students who complete this course may be able to seek employment in a range of information and communication support roles. Such as
- ICT Program/Project Manager
- Network Support Administrator/Coordinator
- ICT Manager, Enterprise Systems Administrator
Enquire about the course
Simply fill out the form to receive the course guide and a call from Brighton College Student Advisor.
Call 07 3123 4911
8.00 AM – 5.30 PM Monday to Friday