About this course
This qualification reflects the role a technical specialist with high level skills and knowledge in telecommunications and information technology networks using internet protocol (IP) systems who can:
- forecast network growth for enterprise network planning
- design and manage IP based network telecommunications equipment
- implement convergence technologies in enterprise telecommunications networks
- design and manage optical and wireless network telecommunications architectures for high speed broadband capability.
January, April, July, October
International students must be at least 18 years of age and must have completed at least the equivalent of Year 12.
These students must also have an IELTS Academic score of 5.5 or equivalent (test results must be no more than 2 years old).
International Students may not be required to provide evidence of English Language competence where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country.
- the student has successfully completed an English Placement Test.
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that they can confirm they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5 in the overall grade.
Total Units 10 Core Units 4 Elective Units 6
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Core/Elective|
|ICTPMG610||Develop a project management plan||Core|
|ICTPMG611||Prepare a detailed design brief||Core|
|ICTTEN611||Produce an ICT network architecture design||Core|
|ICTSUS601||Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects||Core|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace||Elective|
|ICTNWK517||Determine best-fit topology for a wide area network||Elective|
|ICTNWK518||Design an enterprise wireless local area network||Elective|
|BSBWHS504||Manage WHS risks||Elective|
|ICTOPN601||Manage optical ethernet transmission||Elective|
|ICTSAS409||Manage risks involving ICT systems and technology||Elective|
Students who complete this course may be able to seek employment in a range of business management roles. Such as:
- Network Manager
- Technical Officer
- Telecommunications Engineer